Dr. M. Shivarama Reddy
Physical Education Director
Phone:(O) 080-26622130-135 (R) 080-25539455
The Department of Sports serves as a vital and integral part of student life on campus. The mission of the department is to provide a broad spectrum of sports, recreation and leisure activities for students, staff and faculty, as well as members of the local community. The primary direction is to provide services and programs that stimulate growth, development and retention of students in a contemporary and safe environment that develops fitness and wellness, social interaction and leadership opportunities.
Department of Physical Education will continue to be recognized as a leader in extracurricular and recreational activities on campus in the society. We will develop a comprehensive program that supports for student learning and lifelong participation and wellness. We value student development, collaboration and professionalism.
We strive to be the best at identifying and delivering successful agility training methods and strategies by focusing on quality, science-based solutions that enhance our student’s skills in sports activities.
We Strive to Meet Our Mission Goals by
Backed by Scientific Research – Using proven methods allowing you to train in the most efficient manner.
Easy to Follow, Precise Steps – By following these steps, you have clear, focused goals which make it simple to train and create the drive towards sports.
Motivational Training – Motivational talks and videos.
Goal-Oriented Instructions – Increase confidence in competition and a winning performance
- Intramural activities
- Extramural activities
- Organization of tournament
- Training and coaching in elite sports competitions
- Enrollment of students in the concerned sports and games
- Staff Sports
- NSS activities
- Coaching Camp conducted for VTU in the different discipline to participate in inter-university competitions both in Sports as well as Cultural activities.
- “KREEDOTSAV”- State level intercollegiate tournament of seven different games in memory of Sri. B.M.Sreenivaiah, Sri. B.S.Narayan, Prof.Mukerjee & Sri. Oomen Mathew respectively.
- “UTSAV”- The Mega event, it is known as best annual inter-collegiate Techno-Cultural festival in the country.
- Annual Sports meet
- Visit the Physical Education Department for more Sports and Cultural activities information.
- Go through the notice boards regularly for the Ongoing Sports & Cultural Activities, Sports News and Calendar of Events.
- Players during practice/Match should use the proper uniform for their respective event.
- Players should play their respective game/event by using the specified ground/court.
- Use the Sports Material in a proper manner and keep it in good condition.
- If any student finds the sports material in the campus it is to be returned to the Department of Sports.
- Keep the sports field neat and clean.
- During the sports activities show the ID cards as and when faculty members ask.