Dr. Prashanth Dalawai
Associate Professor and Head In-charge
The Department of Aerospace Engineering is the youngest branch of BMS College of Engineering established in 2018. The department has fostered excellence in undergraduate education while advancing research that pushes the boundaries of aeronautical and astronautical engineering. It focuses on teaching and research on rotorcraft, autonomous systems, space systems, and unmanned vehicles for driving the powerful insights and innovations needed to take on today's most complex engineering challenges.
The department is bridging the gap between industry and institute. Currently, it has 4 faculty members with educational background from Indian reputed institutes such as IIT and IISc, and 3 of them have accomplished regular Ph.D. degree under MHRD scheme. The faculties also have rich industrial research background; some of them have served large automotive and aerospace multinational OEMs for decades.
To become a center of excellence for imparting quality education, conducting fundamental research and innovation in the field of Aerospace Engineering.
• Empower the students with the fundamentals for a successful Aerospace Engineering career.
• Continue their education through deep learning and practical exposure.
• Provide state-of-the art laboratories, infrastructure facilities and skilled manpower for research and consultancy.
• Collaborate with industries, research organizations and institutes for developing sustainable and inclusive technologies, interdisciplinary research, and internship activities.
• Develop young entrepreneurs with engineering ethics and social responsibility.